At Alive and Shine Center, we teach alignment-based asana and pranayama. Asana is the yogic term for the physical exercises, the poses, and pranayama refers to breath control. When you put these two together, you have a practice that helps you open and strengthen your body, rejuvenate the spine, soothe the nervous system, lengthen the muscles, and focus the mind. A long-term asana practice will develop strength, flexibility, balance, endurance, and relaxation.
A typical class will leave you feeling energized and relaxed. All through class you are building your “muscles of awareness,” thereby increasing the ability to be aware in all other areas of your life.
Alive and Shine Center offers:
- Ongoing classes in different levels and themes
- Specialty workshops on the weekends
- Teacher training programs in alignment-based asana, which also incorporate meditation, applied philosophy, and healthy living.
- Online Store with books, CDs and DVDs, supplements, food, as well as a variety of specialized products for living with more joy, light, and energy.
- Audio and video classes that you can download onto your computer.